As the use of unmanned vehicles continues to grow in quantity, size and complexity (with the prospect of passenger-carrying urban air taxis arriving in the skies above our towns and cities over the next few years), the need for UTM to be integrated within the ATM system is becoming increasingly important. What better way to start recognising organisations who have already started to move in this direction?
ATM Magazine and Unmanned Airspace are working together on the 2020 ATM awards to introduce new categories for the UTM industry. The aim is to encourage pioneering concepts and acknowledge significant achievements in the performance areas of safety, on-time performance, cost efficiency and environmental responsibility. They are open to all ATM stakeholders – manufacturers, software developers, standards organisations, air navigation service providers, regulators and aircraft operating companies.
This year there will be a total of eight awards as opposed to six previously. The addition of three awards to incorporate UTM allows participates in these categories to compete directly against their peers and not have to fit into purely ATM focused topics. We welcome organisations who address both topics to apply for awards in more than one category.
- Enabling Technology – Recognising a significant contribution to enhance capacity and/or increase safety
- Environment – Recognising industry efforts to advance green ATM concepts
- Service Provision – Recognising contributions to safe, cost-effective and efficient airspace management
- Runway – Recognising contributions to safety and efficiency for the runway and final approach
- Research & Innovation – Recognising outstanding efforts to advance ATM modernisation – research programmes
New categories in 2020
- ATM/UTM Integration – Recognising outstanding efforts in integrating UTM into ATM operations
- ANSP UTM Projects – Recognising pioneering work by ANSPs in the field of UTM
- UTM Service Suppliers – Recognising pioneering technologies and procedures developed by UTM service suppliers to advance safety and complex operations
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges from different constituencies in the ATM and UTM industries. The identity of the judges will remain confidential.
Entries are now open and free of charge. All organisations active in the ATM/UTM industry are eligible to submit an entry. Companies are eligible to apply in more than one category (separate nomination form required for each). Within an individual category, only one entry per company is permitted – unless part of a larger team – and the deadline for nominations is 2 November, 2020. Entry forms can be downloaded at the following link.