DroneUp is seeking a highly qualified Integration and Flight Test Manager to lead and mentor its Flight Test team. The Integration and Flight Test Manager leads the Flight Test team and is responsible for conducting mission safety, test planning, and operating modified un-crewed aircraft for the purpose of systems integration, flight test to determine performance and validate against requirements, and flight test to validate operational effectiveness and suitability.
- Ensure the safe and efficient conduct of DroneUp flight test operations
- Work effectively with a small team to engage with both internal and external customers and ensure a smooth aircraft integration process
- Coordinate with both internal and external customers to understand project scope, build schedules, write test plans (including flight profiles and test cards), analyze flight test risk, manage logistics, and coordinate airspace
- Contribute in technical information and test planning meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Safety Review Boards, First Flight Readiness Review Boards, as well as preflight briefings and debriefings
- Communicate results of test flights (grand and/or flight), including recommendations and lessons learned, with DroneUp leadership
- Observe company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), FAA rules and regulations, and proper use of safety and risk mitigation methods
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, DOD, and foreign regulations as well as DroneUp flight operations policies and procedures
- Investigate, review, and comply with military range operating procedures
- Supervise day-to-day administrative responsibilities required in the flight operations department (i.e., flight safety, training, record keeping, navigation tools/database maintenance, process development, etc).
- Mentor the flight test team and develop their professionalism in safe and effective flight testing
- Other duties as assigned
For more information visit: