Meteksan Defence has announced that Retinar AESA, the new member of the Retinar Ground Surveillance Radars Product Family, will be exhibited for the first time at the IDEF 2023 Exhibition to be held on July 25-28, 2023.
According to the company:
“Retinar AESA will add great power to our security units with the following features:
- New generation active electronic scanning and MIMO structure,
- 90 x 90 degree coverage with a single radar panel,
- Hemispherical (90 x 360 degrees) coverage with the use of quad radar panels,
- Ability to detect air and ground targets simultaneously at long ranges with an expanded target set,
- Increased tracking performance with high update frequency,
- High-performance target classification with low speed sensitivity,
- 3D (3 dimensional) high resolution radar imaging capability and
- Protection from weather conditions due to operating frequency
“Retinar AESA will be able to detect and track not only mini/micro UAVs (drones) but also Kamikaze UAVs and Tactical UAVs.
“Thanks to its design and low power consumption, this advanced radar system can be used not only for stationary protection of critical facilities and borders, but also on moving vehicles with vehicle integration. With its ability to operate on the move, Retinar AESA will be a force multiplier for our security units as a critical system in convoy / VIP protection missions.”