DroneShield Ltd has announced the launch of RadarZero, a compact drone detection radar product.
According to the company:
“At roughly the size of a paperback book, the product can detect drones up to 750m away and sells for a fraction of the cost of the larger longer-range more conventional radars. Because of its small formfactor, RadarZero is portable and mobile. RadarZero complements DroneShield’s existing longer-range (larger formfactor) RadarOne product and is offered both as a standalone product and as part of the company’s DroneSentinel drone detection and DroneSentry drone detection and mitigation platforms. RadarZero does not replace DroneShield’s existing RadarOne module / product. Rather, it is offered as an alternative for relevant users and environments.”
The new radar is said to feature:
- Significantly reduced formfactor (approximately 20cm x 16cm per unit),
- 25kg weight, making it suitable for tactical deployments.
- Resultant portability and mobility.
- A lower cost than larger radars.
- 120 degree coverage per unit, with complete coverage achieved through three units without requirement for mechanical movement.
- 3D data acquisition.
- 750m range.