The Coordination Group will be responsible for exchange of information – including, but not limited to progress updates, best practices, operational and technical procedures and systems, stakeholder coordination and consultation – related to Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2021/664 of 22 April 2021 on a regulatory framework for U-space. The CEOC agreed that ATC charges would not be used to finance UTM deployment activities in the FAB CE framework.
The new group’s tasks will cover several aspects of U-space programme coordination, including:
- Implementation of dynamic airspace reconfiguration,
- Integration of Common Information Services (CIS)
- Integration of U-space service provision (USSP) models and associated services
- Requirements for providers of air traffic management/air navigation services and other air treaffic network functions in the U-space airspace designated in controlled airspace.
The Coordination Group will also identify opportunities for further possible cooperation in areas such as:
- Developing a common FAB CE risk assessment methodology for the implementation of U-Space airspace and associated services,
- Publication of U-Space airspace information
- Financing and charging schemes for CIS and other services
- Procuring CIS/USSP systems already implemented by some FAB CE ANSPs for use by other FAB CE ANSPs.
To avoid any issues associated with cost allocation, the work of the group will initially be limited to coordinating activities around the ATM/U-space interface.
For more information