The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) invites applicants to join the Uncrewed Aircraft Systems (UAS) team in the role of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) Policy Specialist (Certification).
The CAA sets out the role as follows:
- Within this role you’ll provide advice on policy and regulatory requirements associated with the full and safe integration of all UAS operations into UK airspace.
- You will provide expert opinion on the development of existing and future UAS policy and regulations. In doing so, you will be comfortable in interpreting current policy and regulation.
- Collaboration is crucial as you’ll liaise widely within the UAS policy team, wider internal teams, the public and aviation industry.
- You’ll be at the heart of UAS policy as you identify and address emerging regulatory issues.
- A key part of this role is to produce high quality written regulatory guidance materials, so you must demonstrate a clear and concise approach.
- The ability to establish meaningful working relationships and advise appropriate courses of action to the Head of UAS will be crucial for success.
The role will see you formulating appropriate policy as the CAA navigates the regular technological and regulatory challenges. These must be met to enable the effective integration of UAS into increasingly congested UK airspace. See your efforts have a positive contribution to this combined endeavour, meaning all airspace users will be able to enjoy a safer future.
Closing date: 18 October 2022
Application details here
For more information visit: