US defence company Numerica has launched a 3D radar solution for Counter Unmanned Aircraft Systems (C-UAS) and other short-range defence missions. The Skyglass short range surveillance radar is intended for uses including facility security, border surveillance, convoy and vehicle protection, and air space monitoring.
Liteye Systems is the exclusive distributor of Spyglass for Numerica.
According to a Numerica press release, Spyglass is designed to detect and track small, autonomous, UAS beyond three and a half kilometers with precise measurements to support a range of mitigation techniques. Spyglass is equipped with configurable software-driven control capabilities and is designed to be integrated into layered defense systems.
- Ku-Band Phased Array technology to provide high-precision measurements
- advanced signal processing algorithms and extended range detection
- simultaneous transmit-and-receive design enhances close-range surveillance
- rugged, solid-state design, low power consumption and low transmit power
- embedded C2 and AI software
- software-defined operating modes for customised operation.
“We carefully selected partners for this effort who could support the delivery and integration of Spyglass to key military customers and also leverage the best in U.S. manufacturing talent,” Jeff Poore, president of Numerica, said. “We have collaborated with respected partners including Liteye Systems and NEOTech to bring to life this 3D radar solution urgently needed by the U.S. Armed Forces.”
For more information visit: