The global counter drone market will experience 29.6% compound annual growth rate over the next five years according to a new report Data Bridge Market Research. Global Anti-Drone Market 2019-2026 attributes the rise in market value to “increasing occurrences of security vulnerabilities by unidentified drones and increasing government expenses on the development of aerospace and defense infrastructure.”
The report looks at the global counter drone market by application. It considers detection and disruption technology, and different capabilities including laser, kinetic and electronic systems. A vertical market review examines military and defense as well as commercial uses, while the geographical split includes North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa. According to the report:
Market Drivers include:
- Increasing occurrences of security vulnerabilities by unidentified drones is driving the growth of the market
- Increased terrorism and illicit activity across the world is propelling the growth of the market
- High requirement for anti-drone technologies for defence systems is boosting the growth of the market
- Increasing government expenses on the development of aerospace and defence infrastructure in the developing economies is contributing to the growth of the market.
Market restraints include:
- High expenses for creating anti-drone devices are hampering the growth of the market.
- Public security concerns is hindering the growth of the market
- Extended and strict public authorizations for the anti-drone system is restricting the growth of the market
The report identifies a highly fragmented market characterised by new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions by major players. It identifies some of the major competitors currently working in the global anti-drone market as follows: Avnon group, Droneshield, Citadel Defense, TeleRadio Engineering Pte Ltd., Dedrone, Openworks, Guard From Above BV, ApolloShield, Convexum, D-Fend Solutions A.D. Ltd., SRC, Inc., DeTect, Inc., MyDefence Communication, UAV Coach, QinetiQ, CerbAir, Counter Drone Solutions, Advanced Protection Systems., Department 13 and Sensofusion amongst others.
The report finds key developments in the market including:
- In August 2019, Israeli defense tech companies created technologies that can grab hold of opponent drones to thwart assaults and collect data about them, providing carriers with full command of drones, enabling them to fly securely for assessment. The created model can identify aggressive drones in the scope of up to 3.5 kilometers (2.17 miles) and concurrently regulate around 200 drones.
- In June 2019, DroneShield Ltd. and Collins Aerospace Systems entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to work together on possibilities both worldwide and with the Australian Army. This cooperation benefits clients who are not legally capable of deploying drone counter-measures, as well as allowing them to address the source of drone-related problems.
The report includes analysis of market drivers and restraints, identifies key market players involved in the industry, provides an analysis of the market segmentation, and a competitive analysis of the key players involved.
For more information visit: