SkyGrid, a Boeing, SparkCognition company, has launched a new application for drone operators and enterprises to automate every phase of flight in one unified solution. The app is available for free in the iPad App Store. According to a company press release, SkyGrid Flight Control simplifies mission planning and execution, allowing drone operators to autonomously survey a defined area and detect objects in real-time. Powered by artificial intelligence (AI) computer vision, the solution enables search and rescue missions, disaster response, perimeter surveillance, and site inspections.
The app is powered by SkyGrid’s AerialOS software and enables drone operators to automate airspace authorisation, mission planning, flight execution, and object detection in one solution. The following features and functionality are available for free within the iPad application:
- Airspace intelligence: Provides a map of airspace classes, boundaries, temporary flight restrictions, notices to airmen, and other advisories.
- Ground intelligence: Displays population density, obstacles, elevation, and more.
- Advanced weather data: Details hyper-local precipitation, wind speed and direction, temperature, cloud cover, and more.
- Real-time airspace authorization: Automates authorization to fly in U.S. controlled airspace under 400 feet through integration with the Federal Aviation Administration’s Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC) 4.0.
- Automated mission planning: Automatically generates area exploration, waypoint, and multi-objective missions based on custom flight parameters, such as desired speed, altitude, and location.
- Autonomous flight execution: Autonomously launches the drone and performs the pre-defined flight plan.
- AI object recognition: Detects objects in real-time as a drone surveils the defined area with AI computer vision.
More advanced enterprise features are also available for organizations to better manage all drones, pilots, and airspace operations. These features include AI-based mission planning and rerouting, multi-drone missions, custom object detection and counting, geofencing and alerts.
“SkyGrid Flight Control is an important stepping-stone to enable more complex commercial drone operations and advanced air mobility in urban, regional, and global markets,” said Steve Nordlund, vice president and general manager of Being NeXt and executive board advisor of SkyGrid. “SkyGrid is solving complex problems in unmanned aviation with a system that will safely integrate the future volume of drones, passenger air vehicles, and other autonomous aircraft in the global airspace.”
For more information visit: