The EUROCONTROL Innovation Hub’s safety team has released its Expanded Safety Reference Material (E-SRM) which is a safety assessment method expanded to address U-space and safety support assessment.
The E-SRM could be used for the following types of assessment:
- safety/safety support assessment of changes to the functional system, as required by Regulation (EU) 2017/373;
- safety assessment for U-Space Airspace Risk assessment, as required by Regulation (EU) 2021/664;
- safety support assessment of changes to the functional system for U-space services, as required by Regulation (EU) 2021/664;
- Digital European Sky programme (SESAR3) projects;
- EUROCONTROL Generic Safety Cases.
The E-SRM has been reviewed by EASA and a letter has been issued identifying the advantages of the methodology and some limitations associated to the E-SRM like the assessment limited to the pre-industrial and standardisation phase.
This document is the fruit of several years of work to define a methodology which could be used for several types of application/project (ATM/ANS, U-space) and where the results could be used more easily by “implementers” considering the latest regulations ((EU) 2017/373 for ATM/ANS and (EU) 2021/664 for U-space).
E-SRM offers a complete, coherent & integrated approach to safety assessment/safety support assessment regarding any changes to ATM/ANS functional systems and/or U-space functional systems.
Download the document here
For more information visit: