Standards agencies RTCA and EUROCAE have renewed their commitment of cooperation in the development of joint standards for aviation systems. During the annual EUROCAE Symposium held at the National Air & Space Museum in Paris, France, RTCA President Terry McVenes and EUROCAE Director General Anna von Groote signed an updated Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC). The MoC renews the agreement for both organisations to continue working together for the development of aviation standards.
The cooperative arrangements will enable the development of timely, reliable and effective standards to support interoperability and sustainability in an increasingly complex, global environment that these standards are developed collaboratively as one team between all industry stakeholders.
This MOC reinforced the good relationship between EUROCAE and RTCA and the strategic partnership between the two organisations.
EUROCAE / RTCA collaboration over time:
- 1963: Collaboration is established with RTCA right from EUROCAE’s creation.
- 1975: First publication of a joint Document RTCA/EUROCAE (ED-14/DO-160).
- 1996: First recognition by ICAO that existing standards, such as EUROCAE and RTCA MOPS, can be used as a basis for SARPs.
- 2014: Signature of a Memorandum of Cooperation MoC between EUROCAE and RTCA.
- 2023: Signature of an updated MoC to reinforce cooperation.