Australia’s Northern Territory Government is considering its policy position on the drones industry and future development. To help inform the policy position, the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade (DITT), is seeking public feedback from:
- drones service providers
- users of drones services across Territory industries
- educational institutions
- land councils
- police, fire and emergency services organisations
- general public.
In 2020 the Northern Territory Government engaged consulting firm EY, to provide advice on market opportunities for the growth and development of the drones industry in the Northern Territory. This work culminated in the release of the Initial Directions Paper.
The Initial Directions Paper provides an overview of the following:
- Current size, skills, capability and capacity of the drones industry in the Northern Territory
- Potential opportunities and demand for drones services
- The Territory’s comparative advantages in the drones supply chain
- Challenges currently facing the Territory drones industry.
Have Your Say on the Initial Directions paper by completing the survey. Survey closes 8am Tuesday, 17 August 2021.
For more information visit: