The US Defense Department has announced a new round of critical security assistance for Ukraine, with counter-UAS systems (C-UAS) – including nine C-UAS serial system 30 mm gun trucks, ten mobile C-UAS laser-guided rocket systems and three air surveillance radars.
According to a defense department statement from an unnamed official: “The war is at an important stage. Fighting continues in the east, but there have not been significant recent shifts in territorial control. The front lines are relatively static, with significant exchanges of artillery, but without appreciable ground gains by either side, the official said….Our focus is on supporting the Ukrainians to change the dynamic on the ground. We want to help Ukraine advance and hold its positions in what we expect will be a Ukrainian counteroffensive,”
The capabilities in this latest military aid package, valued at up to USD500 million, includes:
- Additional munitions for Patriot air defense systems.
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems.
- Artillery rounds: 155 mm and 105 mm.
- Mortar rounds: 120 mm.
- Tank ammunition: 120 mm and 105 mm.
- Ammunition: 25 mm.
- Tube-launched, optically-tracked, wire-guided missiles.
- About 400 grenade launchers and 200,000 rounds of ammunition.
- Tactical vehicles to recover equipment: 11.
- Heavy fuel tankers: 61.
- Heavy equipment transport: 10 trucks and 10 trailers.
- Testing and diagnostic equipment to support vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Spare parts and other field equipment.
In addition, DOD will provide Ukraine with UD2.1 billion in assistance from the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative funds. Those funds will provide:
- Additional munitions for National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems.
- Nine counter-unmanned serial system 30 mm gun trucks.
- Mobile counter-unmanned aircraft system, or C-UAS, laser-guided rocket systems: 10.
- Three air surveillance radars.
- Anti-aircraft ammunition: 30 mm and 23 mm.
- Artillery rounds: 130 mm and 122 mm.
- Grad rockets: 122 mm.
- Rocket launchers and ammunition.
- Mortar systems: 120 mm and 81 mm.
- Mortar rounds: 120 mm, 81 mm, and 60 mm.
- Tank ammunition: 120 mm.
- Javelin anti-armor systems.
- Anti-armor rockets.
- Precision aerial munitions.
- About 3,600 small arms and more than 23,000,000 rounds of small-arms ammunition.
- Seven tactical vehicles to recover equipment.
- Eight heavy fuel tankers and 105 fuel trailers.
- Armored bridging systems.
- Four logistics support vehicles.
- Trucks and 10 trailers to transport heavy equipment.
- Secure communications equipment.
- Satellite communications terminals and services.
- Funding for training, maintenance and sustainment.
For more information