The value of the global counter drone market is expected to increase from USD1.1 billion to US$7.4 billion by the end of 2032 while expanding at a CAGR of 20.9% over the assessment period finds the latest market analysis by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Counter drone systems account for around 4% share of the global drone market, however, penetration is expected to increase rapidly in parallel to the increasing unit sales of drones across the world.
The report analyses the market by component (detection equipment, neutralization equipment, concealed threat detection systems, long-ranged evices and software), by range, by end-user and by region.
Drone neutralisation equipment promises notable growth and a dynamic shift in the anti-drone market, says Fact.MR. Technology is driving the market positively. On top of this, military and defense spending by various governments has increased substantially due to rise in safety concerns, and thereby, the anti-drone market has been showing an upwards trajectory.
The 170-page report identifies a steady rise in the sales of drones in the US and Chinese markets, which has led to a rise in the use of counter drone systems. This promises a positive stance and dynamic change in demand. With a diverse number of end-use applications of counter drones, such as homeland security, airport operations, and commercial security providers, the market is set to witness significant growth over the coming years.
Key takeaways from the market study
- Global anti-drone market poised to expand at CAGR of 20.9% reaching valuation of USD7.4 billion by 2032.
- On the basis of component, the market is projected to be dominated by drone detection equipment, which is projected to account for 34.3% market share by 2032.
- Europe likely to be most attractive regional market and is projected to utilize more than USD2 billion value of anti-drones by 2032.
- By end user, military and defense likely to account for 1/3 revenue share and create an absolute $ opportunity of USD2.4 billion over assessment period.
- 1 km – 4 kms counter drone equipment is projected to grow 8.2X by value, while 4 kms – 25 kms drones to grow 6.7X during the forecast period.
- North American region expected to register a CAGR of 19.2% over the forecast period to be valued at USD1.7 billion by 2032-end.
According to the report, sales of drones are heavily regulated and restricted only to government contractors and authorised suppliers. Manufacturing companies are adopting research & development as their primary strategy to stay ahead of the competition and comply with various regulations and norms. As new technologies are being adopted at a higher pace, the market scenario is highly dynamic.
Prominent market players have started manufacturing customized products for specific purposes. To meet the tailored requirements of the industry, market players are diversifying their product portfolios. Some manufacturers have started producing anti-drones for emerging and new end-use sectors, wherein, governments have been regulating the open source sale of counter drone equipment.
Key companies profiled:
- Advanced Protection Systems
- Avnon Group
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd.
- Citadel Defense
- DeTect Inc.
- D-Fend Solutions A.D. Ltd.
- Droneshield ltd
- Grumman Corp.
- Guard from Above BV
- Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
- Leonardo s.p.a
- Liteye Systems, Inc.
- Mydefence Communication
- Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd.
- Raytheon Technologies Corp.
- SRC Inc.
- TeleRadio Engineering Pte Ltd.
- Thales group
For more information visit: