US based surveillance company Noology NA has announced full commercial development of its bi-static Spherical View Radar (SVR) following successful demonstrations in Florida in July.
SVR is a new counter-drone and UTM surveillance radar that can detect, track, and identify small, stealth, and autonomous drones with sensitivity and accuracy, even in cluttered environments. Features include:
- True spherical field of view – 360 degrees azimuth and elevation (straight up, straight down, and all the way around) – with no “cone of silence”
- Detection and tracking of small airborne targets with radar cross section (RCS) of 0.001 square meters
- 3D target accuracy of 1 cubic meter, from 3 m to 3 km, day or night, and in all weather
- Low-Slow-Small (LSS) target detection: 1.0 m above ground from 0 km/h up to 500 km/h
- Simultaneous detection and tracking of up to 100 targets with 0.5 m target separation
- Compact form factor, easy to install and safe to operate.
Noology NA is establishing a manufacturing, sales, and service base in Brevard County, Florida. The initial batch of complete systems will ship in January 2022, with commercial sales launching in early 2022. Base price of the system is USD330,000. Wider coverage is available by networking systems. Noology NA offers to install several free systems to demonstrate performance. Integrators, resellers, and end-users are invited to visit noology.com for more information and contacts.
“The rapid development of drone technologies has made counter-drone systems currently on the market obsolete. To ensure the safety, security, and privacy of facilities and events we need solutions that detect all drones, with no blind spots, in and around complex infrastructure. SVR delivers this performance,” said John Isella, CEO of Noology NA. “The huge growth in the use of drones, including autonomous drone operations, poses a significant security threat to critical and sensitive infrastructure. We need technologies that ensure airspace safety and security.”
For more information visit: