Teledyne FLIR Defense, part of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated, has announced the launch of a new Lightweight Vehicle Surveillance System (LVSS) with new air domain awareness (ADA) and advanced counter-unmanned aerial system (C-UAS) capabilities.
“The LVSS ADA C-UAS is an enhanced addition to Teledyne FLIR’s field-proven LVSS platform that features reliable, rapidly deployable, cutting-edge technology to detect and mitigate the growing threat of small drones,” says a company press release. “The new system leverages a powerful combination of 3D radar, EO/IR camera, and RF detection and mitigation sensors to provide early warning alerts and recognition. Threats are detected and displayed simultaneously, showing position and elevation for all radar tracks.
“LVSS ADA C-UAS also can detect drone swarms by allowing operators to monitor up to 500 radar targets simultaneously. A multi-spectral imager captures key UAS elements that help identify high risk targets for a pinpointed response.”
Other major features of the LVSS ADA C-UAS include:
- Rapidly relocatable perimeter protection from the system’s ability to quickly deploy, stow and redeploy the sensor suite
- Advanced, high performing video analytics that allow operators to precisely identify, track and engage threats
- On-the-move C-UAS counter-measures with full non-kinetic kill chain capability; operators can obtain threat assessments while the system is static or while driving the vehicle
- New Cameleon™ V5 command and control software integrates all onboard sensors and supports advanced device features and bi-directional communications
- Increased cyber security tools to resist hackers.
For more information