The counter drone sector is a rapidly growing market with over USD10 billion potential, despite not existing 10 years ago, says a report by counter drone specialist Drone Shield. A summary published by the company shares the key composition elements of the counter drone market.
Drone Shield identifies over a dozen markets where counter drone technology is applicable. These include the following:
- Military vehicles and ships, especially those that represent high value targets for drone attacks;
- Portable military equipment, where members will be outfitted with drone detection and defeat products to protect fellow warfighters;
- Helicopters, which present high value targets for drone attacks;
- Military installations presenting a target for nefarious drone activity;
- Government fixed sites such as embassies, consulates and permanent missions;
- Law enforcement and border protection installations including protection for large events or VIPs;
- Security protection for VIPs, albeit a smaller market segment;
- Airports, including over 1,500 international airports worldwide;
- Stadiums and fixed event sites;
- Critical infrastructure such as energy production, oil refineries and mining sites which represent significant targets for surveillance or drone attack;
- Shipping and ports which present easy targets for drone attacks;
- Correction facilities where contraband is already being delivered by drone;
- Civilian helicopters and heliports.
For more information visit: