The US Marine Corps Systems Command (MARCORSYSCOM) is conducting a market outreach to identify potential sources for the capability of manufacturing and delivering a Counter Drone or Counter-Unmanned Aircraft System (C-UAS) or similar product. Future procurement quantities of C-UAS could range between 6-10 systems.
The C-UAS shall meet, at a minimum, the following requirements:
- Provide an air surveillance system;
- Capable of detecting, recognizing, classifying, identifying unmanned aircraft/drone;
- Utilize electronic warfare and direction-finding system, that may include Automatic Target; Recognition (ATR) algorithms using acoustics, frequency, emitter signatures, or other electronic surveillance and recognition variables to provide positive identification of UAS/UAV systems;
- Include electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) camera or similar technology for visual identification by the C-UAS operator;
- Capability to intercept UAS/ UAV through operator Ground Control Intercept (GCI) to come into proximity of the targeted UAS/UAV to employ countermeasures;
- Capability to employ countermeasures including the ability to jam/block the radio frequency link between the UAS/UAV and its operator; other possible countermeasures may include the ability to fire a net, laser, projectile, or direct energy;
- System control is to be employed by a single operator.
Vendors should provide the following:
- Information on whether the system is ground based stationary, mobile, or vehicle mounted for transport and launch;
- The type of system control that will be used such as a laptop computer design or a handheld system;
- Suggested list of consumables and spare parts for a two-year support of the proposed C-UAS;
- A list of any peculiar tools and gauges that would be required to maintain the proposed system;
- The ability to provide Operator and Maintainer classroom training that may be held at a location determined by the USG.
Tender number M67854- 20-I-7302
Deadline: 26 June 2020
Responsible authority: Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico, VA
For more information