European U-space research project 5G!Drones completed final trials at the University of Oulu at the end of August. 5G!Drones tested use cases relating to U-space activities including command and control; monitoring a wildfire, disaster recovery, logistics solutions, and IoT services. In addition to the University of Oulu, partners included CAFA Tech, ALERION, Hepta Airborne, Nokia and FLE. The showcasing event presented the following outcomes:
- How to plan and conduct an UAV operation from a single web interface that includes the U-space, 5G network resource scheduling, operation execution and KPI collection
- Demonstration of drone missions: Location of UE in non-GPS environments (Nokia/ University of Oulu)
- Powerline inspection (Hepta/Flaperon), Cabledrone (University of Oulu)
- Presentation of CAFA fully automated drone flight controlled over 5G SA network
- Video stream from the drone to the video analyzer application running on the Edge server
- Video analyzer identified the suspect wearing the blue hat from the drone video.
Approximately 40 external people participated in the Oulu showcasing including the general public who came to see the demonstrations. There were many of the Oulu UAV stakeholders from the companies, a representative of the city of Oulu, and other interested people in UAVs.
For more information visit: