The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) has today announced the #myEUSpace! Competition, targeting innovators and entrepreneurs ready to develop and commercialise innovative solutions that leverage EU space data and services, including advanced air mobility services.
According to EUSPA:
“It goes beyond the current space-applications horizon, fusing and testing new technologies in location-based services, smart mobility, smart agriculture, geomatics, and for the first time, quantum technologies. Free and easily accessible EU Space data have allowed the creation of original and innovative projects and services in sectors such as IoT, precision farming, robotics and drones among others. Accurate positioning offered by Galileo, data and high-resolution imagery from Copernicus paired with the use of quantum technology will set European innovation on a new trajectory.
“With a prize pool of EUR1 million and over 50 awards up for grabs, #myEUspace competition – part of the European Commission Cassini initiative will help innovators develop and market disruptive, space-based commercial solutions able to respond to emerging societal needs and serve various domains such as smart mobility and agriculture, health and leisure, and logistics and smart cities, among others.
The competition consists of two independent and parallel tracks, each one with a list of goals and deliverables.
“Track 1 – From Idea to Prototype/customer validation – aims to turn a theoretical idea into a product prototype/beta version. Track 2 – From Prototype to Product /Market entry – aims to develop a prototype or beta idea into a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
“The competition looks at solutions where the use and integration of EU Space data and services can disrupt the following six thematic areas:
- Move Me Smart: Smart mobility solutions across all transportation modes to improve efficiency and sustainability and increase safety.
- Space Up My Life: Consumer solutions such as mobile applications and any other solution using space data for health, gaming, sports, leisure, tourism and everyday life.
- Our Green Planet: Innovative solutions addressing environmental challenges, sustainable life, consumption and production.
- Map My World: Innovative surveying solutions to shape the future of geomatics, rural planning and smart cities by design.
- Farming by Satellite: Technological solutions to manage the variability of agricultural production, improve crop yield, reduce environmental impact and optimize the food chain.
- Dive in Quantum: Innovative solutions applying quantum technologies (computing, sensing, simulation, encryption etc.) enhancing space downstream applications.
For more information