The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) invite applicants to participate in the UAS Traffic Management (UTM) Field Test Industry Day due to take place on 14 March 2022. The hybrid event is scheduled at the NASA Aeronautics Research Institute, Mountain View, CA.
The FAA is committed to continuing to work with industry to advance the UTM framework and manage the significant increase of small drones at low altitudes in the National Airspace System (NAS). The project will conduct flight test activities to evaluate maturation of UTM services and industry standards. UTM Field Test will demonstrate enterprise services and industry capabilities relating to cooperative traffic management, and will inform regulations, standards, and advancement of UTM services.
Elements of the UTM Field Test include:
- Strategic deconfliction from other drones, including compliance with industry standards
- UTM services in a variety of environments such as operations over people and at night
- Enhancements to UTM functionalities including data correlation and advance in-flight services
- Updated security management for information exchanges between the FAA, industry, and authorized entities
During the Industry Day, FAA and NASA will provide participants with information regarding the planned field test activities, including a walkthrough of program objectives, scenarios, timeline, and partnership plan.
For more details surrounding the UTM Field Test project, partnership opportunities and registration, please visit the following website to register https://nari.arc.nasa.gov/UFT
- Submit registration by Monday, March 7, 2022
- Please note your preference to participate in person or virtually when registering for this event.
Due to Covid-19 safety precaution, in-person attendance will be limited. The in-person participation will be on first-come-first-serve basis and limited to one participant from each organization. Upon reaching in-person capacity, additional attendees will be limited to virtual participation. After registration, each participant will be provided with additional information on how to participate, in-person or virtually as applicable.
Please address questions to: FAAUTM@FAA.gov.
For more information visit: