SensorFusionAI (SFAI) – a sensor-agnostic 3D data fusion engine for complex environments – is now available as a standalone module, developer DroneShield announced on 18 October.
Currently deployed as a module in the company’s DroneSentry C2 command and control system, the new release can be integrated into third-party C2 systems on a Software as a Service (SaaS) basis, offering operators the facility for smart data fusion from a variety of sensor arrays.
“Detection of [UAS] is moving towards multi-sensor approach[es] for fixed site[s] (and in certain situations, vehicle and ship systems) where the space and budget allows for such [an] approach, due to [the] ability to provide better detection results with multiple sensor modalities, such as radio frequency, radar, acoustic and camera systems, either deployed in a single or across multiple nodes,” said Angus Bean, DroneShield’s CTO. “However, the multi-sensor approach only generates better results with an intelligent software engine to fuse together the sensor outputs and give an intelligent set of outputs – otherwise, adding more sensors is counterproductive, as it creates more data without a clear way to manage it”.
SFAI is a true AI-based sensor fusion engine that caters for all common drone detection modalities, such as RF, radar, acoustic and image-based systems. The availability of SFAI as an SaaS solution allows system developers to add the capability to current and evolving systems, thus significantly enhancing performance. “Providing SFAI to such third party suppliers, maximises our market share and further monetises the IP that we have developed,” said CEO Oleg Vornik. SFAI has significant advantages over traditional multi-sensor C2 engines. Key features of SFAI include:
- Behaviour analysis – object tracking to classify and predict trajectory;
- Threat assessment – intelligent determination of threat level, based on multiple data types;
- Confidence levels – designed for complex, high-noise environments, with inconsistent data inputs;
- After-action reporting – sophisticated analytics presented in easy-to-interpret dashboards;
- Edge processing – SmartHub reduces network load and enables high scalability;
- Versatile adaptable inputs – new sensors use existing software adaptors to improve integration time;
- Flexible output – visualisation on DroneSentry-C2 or third-party C2 platforms, data analysis, alert systems or security management software.
DroneShield expects take-up of the new release to be significant.
For more information: www.droneshield.com
(Image: Target tracking using SFAI. Credit: DroneShield)