On 10 September 2020 the International Air Transport Organization (ICAO) published its latest UAS guidance materials electronic bulletin (EB 2020/43).
According to ICAO:
“The guidance materials are intended to enable States to implement harmonized national UAS regulations, based on best practices from existing sources. Guidance materials include:
- ICAO Model UAS Regulations – Parts 101, 102 and 149, and companion Advisory Circulars (AC)
- ICAO U-AID Guidance – specific guidance to support humanitarian aid and emergency response operations
- UTM Guidance – Unmanned Aircraft Systems Traffic Management (UTM) – A Common Framework with Core Principles for Global Harmonization, 2nd Edition
- UAS Toolkit – Helpful tools including a repository of Member State’s UAS regulations
- ICAO RPAS CONOPS – Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for International IFR Operations
For more information or to download the above-mentioned materials, please visit ICAO’s website at https://www.icao.int/safety/UA.
For more information on UTM