For three years, CS GROUP has been coordinating the European Horizon 2020 project Advanced hoListic Adverse Drone Detection, Identification Neutralization (ALLADIN). CS GROUP provides a core element, its command & control (C2) component exploiting Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality technologies for greater performance in threat detection and identification.
In November, CS GROUP had the opportunity to present the results of this work to various European organisations in charge of citizen protection:
- ILEANET, a network of European security forces designed to research and promote innovative solutions. ALADDIN therefore has its full place in this network and was the subject of a remote demonstration in front of 80 attendees.
- At the Commission’s Directorate General for Migration and Home Affairs (DG HOME), which organized a community of users workshop dedicated to the UAV threat. In addition to a cross presentation of solutions to the issue, this workshop included a phase of exchanges on topics related to citizen security in cities with a large number of UAVs. Participants included members of the European Commission, law enforcement agencies, industry and academia.
- Finally, CS GROUP led the third project workshop, bringing together some 50 people from European security forces, to present the results of the project.
CS Group press release says this exchange with users is essential to gather operational requirements and present solutions. The company reports broad support for the research and relevance of the solutions.
The final review of the project is scheduled for February 2021.
The ALADDIN consortium consists of 17 European partners, comprising both technical partners (industrial companies, small-medium enterprises, research centers and academic institutes) and end-user representatives of Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) and critical infrastructure operators.
The consortium is supported by external and internal boards.
The current participants come from 9 European nations:
- France (CS GROUP, MC2, HGH, MIF with its linked third-party CIVIPOL),
- Spain (FADA CATEC, Acciona, Madrid Police),
- Italy (IDS, MIPS),
- Greece (CERTH, KEMEA),
- Poland (PIAP, SIRC),
- Germany (Fraunhofer IDMT),
- Belgium (VUB),
- Portugal (PJ)
- UK (Home Office / DSTL).
For more information visit: