Belgian air navigation service provider unmanned traffic management (UTM) arm skeyes SkeyDrone has signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) with the aviation campus DronePort, located at the former military airbase at Limburg regional airport focused on integration on unmanned vehicles in managed airspace.
The MoC provides a framework of cooperation between the signing parties with a view to effectively cooperate in matters of common interest, namely to strive to improve the integration of Unmanned Aircraft System Traffic Management (UTM) and Air traffic management (ATM) in the Belgian airspace.
The initial focus will be on particular areas for ATM and UTM domain:
– AMS (increase situational awareness for information only)
– Regulation and compliance; performance-based navigation (PBN)
– IFR certification support
– UAS geo-zone management and UTM (including data exchange interfaces with manned aviation stakeholders and ATM (AMS))
– Drone detection and protection
– Consultation of one another on matters of common interest in order to coordinate activities.
At a later stage, other areas of collaboration may always be included in the framework.
For more information visit: